.htaccess issues ...

by windrush, Monday, April 01, 2013, 04:42 (4066 days ago)

Hey,

I'm all for a nice .htaccess that does lots of nice things - but I get the impression that the one from selfoss is especially fragile.
Just two things that don't seem to work at all - it would be one thing if certain functionality would be disabled or something, but they seem to break everything.
1. problem with mod_userdir - okay, seems to be more common, but in that case it doesn't work at all.
2. problem with access by ip - in case selfoss is accessed by ip (say I have a vm with 192.168.1.10) important parts of the .htaccess just break, so there is only basic html with no styling and no possibility to do anything. (logs show that it looks for resources in / so nothing is found. This is not a rewrite_base issue either, as it is directly in /var/www in this case.

Any ideas for a fix?

.htaccess issues ...

by gerryino, Tuesday, April 02, 2013, 11:07 (4065 days ago) @ windrush

You can work around this using a server name instead of the bare IP.

If you don't have a DNS entry i think you can just use hosts file to assign a personal alias to your IP

.htaccess issues ...

by windrush, Tuesday, April 02, 2013, 11:16 (4065 days ago) @ gerryino

1. Doesn't do anything about the mod_userdir stuff, right?
2. Actually I think in my case a server name didn't help, but AllowOverride All for /var/www did, as apparently on later Ubuntu versions by default all of those are disabled, but the logs don't tell you.

RSS Feed of thread