"database disk image is malformed"

by daysofgreen, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 00:51 (4035 days ago)

Have been using selfoss for a bit now and absolutely love it. Definitely my top contender for a google reader replacement. However, after having it up for about a month now, I got this error.

Internal Server Error

PDOStatement: database disk image is malformed

It shows up after I login. Logging in goes smooth and I can even still get to ipaddress.com/selfoss/password

Anyone else encounter this? Any ideas?

by geniusmusing, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 01:22 (4035 days ago) @ daysofgreen

Which database and how many items (feed stories) do you have?

by daysofgreen, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 02:33 (4035 days ago) @ geniusmusing

Thanks for the quick reply. Using SQLite, and around 13 feeds maybe, no more than 20.

by geniusmusing, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 04:55 (4035 days ago) @ daysofgreen

Sqlite from what I have read up on is a very robust db that can hold over 1 TB of data. Most of the problems of corruption are due to something else. As I see it you have 2 options.

1) Back up the directory, wipe and re-install to see if that fixes it, if so its the db.

2) If the problem still exists, look for other issues, disk space, memory issues, etc.

It sounds like you are self hosting on a personal server, I would go with MySql if you have to re-install. I had degrading performance (just getting slower, still worked good) with about 40 feeds and 40k of items.

Maybe someone else has better options, you could save a copy of your config file so you don't start from scratch. Also it is easier to backup the feed list from MySql.

by jgillich, Thursday, July 25, 2013, 22:45 (3949 days ago) @ daysofgreen

I experienced the same issue today after rebooting my server. The database is just a few days old and sadly I don't have a backup. I always thought sqlite is rock solid.. :-|

RSS Feed of thread