Using Selfoss with PHP 8

by jtojnar, Monday, January 17, 2022, 18:10 (852 days ago) @ nickrickard

How would I know (or enable/disable) offline mode?

It should be disabled by default since it is still experimental and buggy. It should not be a problem unless you enabled it by checking the checkbox on login page. If you accidentally enabled it, you can disable it by clicking the log out button.

The developer console has a few error messages related to css declarations (things like -moz-box-shadow which I can't see would be relevant to this.) There aren't any script errors or warnings.

If you click on XHR toggle button in the top right of the console, you should see AJAX requests when clicking the star button:

[image]

If selfoss was trying to write to the database and was denied, would I expect to see something in the logs? I get
"[2022-01-17 07:54:34] selfoss.DEBUG: Established database connection"

when I refresh the page, but nothing that corresponds to a failed click on 'star' or 'mark as read'.

Yeah, “Established database connection” should be logged for each action. So maybe the issue is indeed in the client not sending the requests.

If others aren't seeing this then I don't want to distract your time on something that might be curious or unique to my setup.

Even if you misconfigured something, selfoss should still work. Or at least log some info that would tell you what is wrong. So either way, it is a selfoss bug and we need to figure it out.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread